Friday 7 February 2020

Relevance of Will

Is anyone’s will relevant or important, relative to God’s will?

By “will”, I basically mean preference of intent to do or accomplish something. If you believe in God, and that he is all knowing, it seems rational to assume God knows better than you do for any situation. From this perspective, does it make my own will obsolete, compared to God’s? I don't mean obsolete in ability to actually choose to do something of my own will, as I believe we do have that ability, as I further explained in a post from 3 yrs ago; Control to Free, Allowance Degree. Rather, I mean obsolete, when it comes to my own consideration of the significance of my own preference, for anything in life. 

Of course everyone has their preferences, but if I believe God knows better than me, and that his will is more important, then rationally, should my preference always simply be for God's preference? Whether or not I can figure out, cause, or allow God’s will, would be a relevant component, since if I can't, then I have no way to implement God’s preference, even if it was my only preference. Perhaps that concept is another topic, but for simplicity's sake of this topic, I’ll assume that I can intentionally allow Gods will. What Gods will actually is, might be another relevant component to this overall question, and that may be yet another topic in itself. So for this topic, I’ll try to consider basic, generalized potentials of what God's will might be.

If God's will is for everyone to have their own free will, and liberty in life, then it could be plausible that my own will is important. But then again, in the circumstances where my choice causes someone else's freedom to be inhibited, then it seems that would be counteractive to God's will. So in this scenario, perhaps it would make sense that I can have my own preferences, but only up to the point where it restricts someone elses free will. This scenario seems like it would, by default, exclude any harm to others, in my preferences, as causing harm or difficulty for someone else, is virtually reducing their free will. This seems to mostly align with the commonly accepted general guidelines from God, being; treat others, as u would want to be treated. 1 aspect missing from that guideline, which this idealism of will does not necessarily include, would be actually intentionally aiding others. 

Based on this general guideline, it seems likely that, besides my preferences lacking in harm towards others, they should also include aiding others. If God's will is for our own preferences to follow this guideline, then perhaps my own preferences are relevant, as long as they dont cause another harm, or ignore potential aid for someone else. If God’s will is for us to have our own free will, besides these 2 exclusions, then perhaps there is a window of allowance of personal preferences. 

This free will window (for considering relevance of will, not actual ability) seems it could include anything within life of which, to my awareness, does not harm someone, or restrict potential aid for someone. If God is as adaptable throughout life as I believe he is (further hypothesizing, in another post from 3 yrs ago; Intercedal implementation), then perhaps this free will window is fairly open for a lot of personal preferences. If God can adapt to using our own choices, to still cause his will, regarding the effects of our choices, then it seems that in potential collaboration with his, we may still have; Relevance of Will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment