Thursday 13 April 2017

God Guided Gift

Have you ever wondered if God can make you think something specific? I believe the point of God creating humans, is to give them free will to choose, decide, and think themselves. So regularly, I believe God wouldn’t force someone to think something in particular. But, I also believe God answers prayers and influences people’s lives when God deems applicable. So under the right circumstances, the typical regulations that God goes by, of not causing someone to think something, could be potentially overwritten, if it is the will or request of the person for God to cause them to think something. I believe God has done this for me many times, and quite possibly is right now.

Once I came to this realisation, of the potential for God influencing my thoughts, I was amazed and inspired. I’m almost surprised I hadn’t thought of this earlier, seeing as it seems almost obvious that this should be a possibility. But once I finally did discover it, while pondering one of the more significant and complicated questions I’ve come across regarding God and life (conveniently enough:), I tried it and I believe God truly influenced my thoughts, to help me understand and to figure out the situation at hand. With the feeling of understanding and resolve, came an additional overall feeling of contentment, satisfaction, and some sort of calming peace that I don’t remember feeling before. I believe that feeling is some form of acknowledgement or confirmation of the influence of God. I have felt it a few times since that time, including just now as I have been typing this out, after again, asking God to influence my thoughts before beginning to write this out and attempting to understand and document Gods influence itself in my life. I sense some sort of irony in that itself, which I happen to get the feeling is often Gods sort of signature or icon, when it comes to my own personal way of thinking and attemptive processing.

I believe God has given me a gift of understanding and comprehension. I believe God helps me to understand things using my personal, somewhat unique, method and process; the simple process of logical analysis, reasoning, and practical comprehension. It is a very general and broadly applicable type of thinking and prospect in general, considering it should be potentially useful in almost any scenario in life once applied. The use and fundamental aspects of logical understanding is potentially a topic in itself which could be understood using it itself, and -ironically enough!- I feel that is a decent example of its adaptability and usefulness.

Those times in life recently, when I have used this gift of God (from what I believe), for something more substantial, significant, or meaningful, I have felt what I believe is a comforting, calming, peaceful yet uplifting feeling of the presence or influence of God. The time I felt it most powerfully, I’d say was while attempting to understand my method of thinking itself, how it works, and how it differs from what is normal, then wondering and sort of grasping the potential that it is a gift from God. Since that moment, I have felt relevantly more ambitious, motivated, inspired, joyful and -whatever other words describe it, that I can’t think of right now, but are implied by this statement itself- generally in my life. 
Perhaps with an open perspective, a God guided gift is often discoverable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment