Saturday 29 April 2017

Alive with Drive

What gives some people the drive to feel alive? This is what I’ve been wondering lately, so again I’ll put my thoughts out onto hard copy, making things more graspable, reviewable, and of ease for working through, more distinctly  (which in itself might be a decent entire topic, and of which I may have already written about for all I can remember!). So –back on topic- I cant help but wonder why more people aren’t more eager to participate and to be active in elements of life that are IMO genuine, fulfilling, and enjoyable.

So here’s some theorization. For a lot of people it’s likely at least partially due to the topic of another of my posts, being subconscious fears/ anxieties. But, I think that’s only a partially effecting factor, as I’d think a lot of people aren’t really held back by anxieties. And perhaps the causing factor for a lack of drive to feel alive, is not an additional present fear, but simply a lack of additional present motivation, which is perhaps gained or developed by some people and not others. So by this theory, the default psychology and instinctual mentality of people is a neutral, lack of motivation to initiate and implement significant accomplishments in life. As I’ve come to learn in most situations, it’s likely not so distinctly “black and white” as perhaps we typically want to think –as that would make things more simple and discernable- (which yet again could likely be a whole other topic).

To draw from another more generic theory, I’d think that humans are developing this drive to feel alive, as we develop our brains as a species. This would mean some people would feel the drive naturally a lot more significantly than others, based on genetics or sometimes even fluke. I theorize that, to add to this naturally born factor, of drive being developed long term by our species as a whole, there would also likely be the factor of short term development of drive, throughout any individual’s life. This short term factor would be affected by the specific situation any individual happens to be born into. This relates to the well-known controversy of nature vs nurture, of which I believe is yet again a shade of grey, being a bit of both. I think the drive to feel alive would be developed strongly in anyone’s life that is exposed to it in effectively influential ways with positive reinforcement. Which I believe is just another example of common subconscious manipulation by everyday interactions, creating partial mindsets and influenced perceptions. With the amazing complexity of psychology, and difficulty to understand -let alone explain- I should probably stop myself there, before getting too far off topic.

But whether the cause of a lack of drive in your life is from the circumstantial lack of positive influence to feel alive, or a lack of genetic instinctual motivation, the potential for that drive is still there, with the right influence. Perhaps, let this be that potential influence to seed the growth and development of the drive. Once you get those right moments of feeling genuinely and legitimately alive, you will then in turn feel the drive. Continue to feed that drive, and you will ultimately feel -ever so amazingly-

Alive with Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment